EntConnect less than two weeks away!
Wow, it seems like only yesterday that I was blogging about the annual EntConnect Entrepreneurial Connections Conference being another "three months" away, but now it is less that two weeks away, on Thursday, March 27, 2008 through Sunday, March 30, 2008. I'll be flying out from the Seattle area a week from Thursday morning and catching up with the leading edge of the EntConnect gang on Thursday evening in the hotel lounge, and then joining the rush of a larger contingent of conference attendees on Friday evening. I am looking forword to this. It is one of the highlights of my year, every year, since 1992.
If you are in the Denver area, the Front Range of Colorado, anywhere in Colorado, the Rocky Mountain region, or anywhere else for that matter, and looking for an exciting entrepreneurial networking event for the last weekend of the month, EntConnect should be on the top of you list.
If paying $299 for a conference that you are not sure about is not comfortable for you or not in your budget right now, just show up anyway and maybe some kind of deal can be worked out. As far as I know, the conference organizers have never had security guards at the door!
In short, consider EntConnect if any of the following "shoes" seems to "fit" your situation:
- You just started a new business
- You are thinking of starting a new business
- You have been running a business of your own for some time but wish to network with others who understand what running a business is all about
- You have some new ideas about how to run your business better and wish to get some professional feedback
- You have some great (or even simply amusing) stories and tales to tell about your experiences as an entrepreneur
- You are a student and attracted to the entrepreneurial spirit
- You have a business but are trying to find a way to take things to the next level
- You encountered a disaster in your business and are prepared to share your story of how you coped with the challenge, either successfully or not
- You have a business of your own, but are feeling that you need to get out of it
- You have a business with some employees and you wish to give them an experience to pick up some of the entrepreneurial spirit from others
- You want to exchange tips and techniques with other entrepreneurs
- You know you need to do better marketing but just aren't sure where to start
- You have marketing, legal, accounting, or other professional services that you you think would appeal to entrepreneurs
- You are an angel investor or venture capitalist and always looking for new prospects and new ideas
- You are a teacher or professor looking to tap into entrepreneurial resources for your students
Although the conference has traditionally catered to technical entrepreneurs, namely engineers and software developers and related professionals, and former readers of Midnight Engineering magazine, anybody with even a hint of entrepreneurial spirit is certainly welcome.
There is a rumor that Bill Gates, the former publisher of Midnight Engineering magazine, will be at the conference for the Saturday sessions.