Sunday, February 17, 2008

Made my hotel reservation for the EntConnect conference

I went ahead and made my hotel reservation for the EntConnect 2008 Entrepreneurial Connections Conference. Ultimately I did succeed, but I ran into a couple of potholes along the way. I used the link on the conference web page, but the hotel web page then insisted that there were no available rooms. I then tried to make a reservation directly on the Starwood web site, but I could not find a way to request the EntConnect group rate. I gave up and directly called the hotel reservation number (1-800-325-3535, which is not listed on the conference web site.) Starwood had the $75 EntConnect special group rate for Thursday through Sunday nights, but claimed to be sold out for Thursday night and could only offer me a $125 rate for Thursday night. I went ahead and made the full reservation over the phone and then sent an email to John Gaudio to try to get him to get the hotel to adjust the rate on Thursday night to our group rate.

Incidentally, the tax rate is 10.60%, so that $75 rate will actually be $82.95. Corporate reservations was unable to tell me what the fee was for Wi-Fi access.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home