Guy Kawasaki's list of Top Ten Lies of Entrepreneurs
Guy Kawasaki has a post entitled "The Top Ten Lies of Entrepreneurs", which summarizes the lies that he has been on the receiving end on in business pitches. I'll list the lies themselves, but do read Guy's post for his critiques of the lies. The lies are:
- Our projections are conservative.
- Gartner says our market will be $50 billion in 2010.
- Boeing is going to sign our purchase order next week.
- Key employees are set to join us as soon as we get funded.
- No one is doing what we're doing.
- No one can do what we're doing.
- Hurry because several other venture capital firms are interested.
- Oracle is too big/dumb/slow to be a threat.
- We have a proven management team.
- Patents make our product defensible.
- All we have to do is get 1% of the market.
Oh, it was supposed to be a top ten. I guess Guy lied.