How to become a venture capitalist
Venture capitalist Seth Levine wrote a post that gives advice to those (including me) who ask "How to become a venture capitalist." In summary:
- Step one: Assume you will not be able to land a job as a venture capitalist.
- Step two: Understand the math. Its critical to understand how VCs make money.
- Step three: Get close to VCs.
- Step four. Be smart about networking.
- Step five: Dont get discouraged. If you remember back to step one, you werent going to be successful getting a job in VC in the first place, so all the progress you are making is gravy, right?!?
This is all very comforting.
My comment was that there is an excess of supply and weak demand, so the jobs simply aren't there.