Sunday, January 04, 2009

Looking for work, again

I have not gotten any strong indication that my most recent software development contracting client will be needing my services in the near future, so now that the holidays are over I need to start looking for new work ASAP. I have not had any billable work since the middle of November, but I have enough cash saved from work over the previous six months to hold me over for at least a few more months.

There is still a chance that I may get some more work from my current client sometime this month or next, so I will not begin looking for work full-time until later this month, but I have already been looking around as a background task for the past few weeks. It will be my half-time task for the next few weeks.

I would like to find some work here in New York City, or at least remote work I can do at home, but I may have to relocate depending on what work is available. That's part of this business.

My recent client was lucky enough to get a substantial pile of venture capital cash in September just as Lehman Brothers was imploding, but now they, like most other VC-funded startups, are being ultra-hyper-cautious in their spending since they need current funds to last for who knows how long in this weakened economy.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home