Thursday, March 29, 2007

Kicking off 2007 Entrepreneurial Connections (EntConnect) conference tomorrow

The 2007 EntConnect conference kicks off tomorrow (Thursday) evening (or earlier if you're a skier.) The skiers will be getting back around 6:00 p.m. or so and people expect to meet in the hotel lounge around 7:00 p.m. I expect to be there by 5:00 p.m. and will probably hang out in the hotel lobby doing some reading or writing or blogging.

Last year Dave Shaver of NeoTool led us through some goal-setting exercises. We were supposed to write down two goals we really want to achieve and give "an easy first step" for how to achieve them and file that list away. Now, we're supposed to bring that same list to the conference. It will be interesting to see how some of us did over the past year and how we update our goals.

I would like to do some blogging during the conference, but somehow that never seems to work out well. I think what I'll try to do is record my notes in a file and then consider posting that raw list of notes (bullet points) in this blog several times a day. That won't read very well given my clipped note-taking style, but we'll see how it goes.

If my plane gets in just a little early I'll be able to catch an earlier SkyRide bus out to the Sheraton Denver West hotel and be there by 4:15 p.m., otherwise I get the later bus and arrive at the hotel around 4:45 p.m. I'm still not thrilled about blowing almost a whole day due to travel, but that's the way it is. Hopefully I can relax at least a little, since this will be a vacation day for me.

I will be bringing my Toshiba notebook PC. Most of the time I will be too busy to mess around with it, but there will still be plenty of opportunities to make use of it. For example, sometimes in the middle of a discussion you want to reference the Web to make a point or challenge a point. An occasional blog post might be warranted as well. Or, maybe, I might get bored at some point and wish to do some writing. How much I use it at the conference depends on what their Wi-Fi arrangement is this year. And, there is also the wait in the airport since I do intend to get there early to avoid any unexpected "contingencies."

See the official 2007 Entrepreneurial Connections (EntConnect) web page for conference details.

Hope to see you there!

There is a chance that Bill (William E.) Gates of Midnight Engineering and ME/Ski and ENTCON fame will be at the conference this year. we'll see.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home