Patrick Dixon on building a better business
Somehow I managed to pick up Patrick Dixon as a follower on Twitter. I checked him out in the Wikipedia and found that he has a book entitled Building a Better Business that is a guide to management, marketing and motivation, covering issues ranging from team leadership and change management to corporate governance, branding, and marketing.
- People will only follow you if they see you're ahead, are convinced you know the route, trust you, and want to get there too.
- Life's too short to sell things you don't believe in.
- The future of marketing belongs to honest information, accurate data and clear claims based on truth.
- Every product and service is sold on the promise of a better future. The purpose of business is to deliver on the promise, and profit is the reward for doing so.
- Business strategy is the battleplan for a better future.
- You can have the greatest strategy in the world, but what is the point if no one cares?
- Connect with all the passions people have—for themselves, their families, their communities and wider world—and they will follow you to the ends of the earth, buy your products and services with pride, and may even be willing to work for you for next to nothing.
- When you have been close to death it makes you think about life.
- Give people a convincing reason and they will lay down their very lives.
- All the most powerful speeches ever made point to a better future.
- You cannot have strong leadership without passion.
- Mission is at the heart of what you do as a team. Goals are merely steps to its achievement.
All really good points to keep in mind at all times.
Here's his book on Amazon:
Note: I do get a tiny commission from Amazon if you buy a book after clicking on the cover images or link above that redirect to Amazon. Thanks!